Monday, March 1, 2021

I ended up with another headache behind my right eye this afternoon.

I'm pretty sure it's probably a sleep deprivation headache of some sort.

As I had a 5am shift at work this morning.

And getting up at 4:30 is not a normal thing for me. Like...until the pandemic started I was used to getting up at like 5:30 or so for a 6 or 6:30 shift.

But with the pandemic? 

No most of my shifts start around the same time the sun rises.

So getting up a couple of hours before the sun.

Is so weird. And it throws me off.

Like...I do best if I can expect a consistent schedule. A consistent pattern. 

And whenever i throw that pattern off in some manner...like working a 5am shift.

I usually end up paying for it with a headache. 

This one was probably just sleep related. Like going to bed earlier...and waking up in the middle of the night...and going back to bed...and then getting up before the sun....yah it messed with me.

And I really probably could have headed it off earlier if I could have just crashed right after work.

But my phone conspired against me by constantly buzzing with notifications when I was trying to sleep and only when I was trying to sleep.

So I ended up tensing up. The muscles in my neck getting sore....and walla. Headache. XP

I tried to head it off with food, with mountain dew, with a heat pack.

But it was more of a a long hot shower and then an aleve that at least helped the muscles relax enough that the headache is faint. Barely a hint in my head.

But still there.

And probably won't leave until I can actually get some proper sleep tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment