Thursday, September 8, 2016

If I Ever -Along the Ledge

If I Ever built my own home....

I would place a secret room in the house that could only be accessed via a ledge.

This thought comes to mind because in my current house.
We have a stairway that leads down to the basement.
But instead of the wall being totally flush down to the stairs.
There is this random ledge about a foot or so wide.
That goes straight across.
Obviously probably meant to access the wall on the other side to hang decorations up that high or something.
But with how it's painted now.
If you're not paying attention.
The ledge gives the illusion that the stairs are actually a hallway.

So If I were to build a house.
I would have this ledge.
That I already desperately want to walk on whenever I head down the stairs.
Lead to a secret entrance to a hidden room.
Perhaps it would be a secret way to access parts of the house without being seen.
Or I would just have it be my secret space.
A secret space that I would probably disguise to look like a random artwork.
A secret space that needs a code of some sort to get into.

That way.
I would have a reason to walk along that ledge to the wall on the otherside.

No comments:

Post a Comment