Thursday, February 8, 2018

Number Repetition

"Four O O Four O Three Two Three Five Five" I repeated again into the mic as I frantically dumped crickets into the bag, quickly tying it off so I could hand it to the customer and turn to the next one waiting in line for me to help them.
"I'm sorry." My cashier said over the radio, it was four zero zero nine zero"
"No," I interrupted. "Four hundred forty. It's always going to start that way. Four hundred forty." I turn to glance to the tag again. "Three Two Three Five Five." I turned to the customer waiting for me. "Hi, How can I Help--"
"What was those last two" The smile slipped from my face. I was trying to work here?! Wasn't she listening at all to me?  "THREE FIVE FIVE"  I hissed into the mic before I once again tried to return to the customer in front of me. But I barely opened my mouth when the cashier's voice rang in my ear. 
"Okay, and then the next set of numbers below that? I can't read it either." 
I groaned, fingers trembling as I tried to keep my irritation in check. I hadn't written the numbers down that sloppily had I? I knw I'd written them in a hurry but surely it was still legible. 

-Inspiration from dealing with a rush at work

No comments:

Post a Comment