Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Seatmates

I gripped my plane ticket tightly in my hand as I walked down the aisles, searching for the right row. For the right letter in the row. My mind whirled with nerves. I hated traveling alone. I hated not knowing who I was going to end up by. Would it be a child? An old man? would I have the row to myself? I didn't know and that was what had my heart pounding. It would be just my luck to get someone awkward sitting next to me for the entire flight home. I hadn't had any luck in getting sat next to anyone I wanted to get to know before. For once it would be nice to have a cute guy sitting there who'd want to talk to me, where we'd have things in common and could chat.
I doubted it would happen though. 
It hadn't yet.
I slid into my seat, the row still empty and I exhaled. 
More waiting. I look up watching the line of people file past.
One of them would be seated next to me....but who.....who?

-Inspiration from flying

No comments:

Post a Comment