Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Security Check

I held my breath as I moved through the security line, conscious of the small form hidden in my pocket. This was the moment where this entire plan could fail. Should I just be required to walk through the regular barriers all would be well, but if I got singled out to go through the body scanner....
I exhaled briefly touching the hidden pocket of my jacket that rested through against my heart. I could do this. My new tiny friend's life depended on it. 
Silently I move through the regular check, heart hammering in my chest as I walked past the body scanner, keeping my eyes on my bag waiting for me at the end of the conveyor belt.
Just. Keep. Moving.
I grabbed the bag and walked away trying my best to not break into a run.

-Inspiration from musings

No comments:

Post a Comment