Friday, May 4, 2018

PayBack

I raised an eyebrow in surprise as she whirled away from me grabbing her purse, taking a step forward with a hand raised. "That's really not necess--"
"No, no." She said pulling out her wallet and turning to me. "I insist, you went through all that to bring me lunch." She pulled out some crisp dollars handing them towards me with a determined glint in her eye. "The least I can do is pay you back for it." 
I hadn't expected this at all. I'd offered to get food, but that hadn't meant I was expecting to be paid back for it. Really. "Uhmm." I reached out my hand, cautiously taking the bills from her hand. "Thanks." I said offering a smile, as I slid the cash into my pocket. At least now I would have soda money on hand if I needed something to drink at work. 

-Inspired by a conversation

No comments:

Post a Comment