Monday, July 22, 2013

A Little Surprise

I'm not the only one hiding in plain sight here.

There's a bloke here. By the name of Jake. He sticks out a bit here, though he's doing his best to keep his head down. Literally down. He doesn't look up much. Jake doesn't look like the other kids here. He has this scar. A burn scar that covers the left side of his face and from what I've seen of his arm, all the way down that as well. Who knows how big this burn scar is. Side of face and arm that's what I know for sure.
Nobody here really likes to talk about it. What happened to him. Though I sense that it was a while ago.
I hadn't really paid much attention to him. He's not the sporty type. He's one of those guys who struggles with the rock wall. His left arm is nearly useless to him. Very little muscle is left, making it difficult for him to pull himself up. Though he's sure dedicated to trying. He keeps attempting the easy wall. Again and again and again. No success. He barely makes it two feet off the ground.

He's good. Really good.

A wolf in sheep's clothing that's for sure.

The question is, why is he hiding it from everyone? I hide what I hide for my own reasons, but him. Why does he hide it?

Catcha on the Flip Side!

Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment