Thursday, August 8, 2013

Technology Isn't Always Helpful

Annemarie was sick today.
Which meant I got a crash course in cashiering.
Can you say disaster?
Because it was.
That machine made every sort of noise at me! Items wouldn't scan, numbers wouldn't go in. I pushed wrong buttons, it was just a really sad day.
I don't know how many times I had to say "Sorry! First day Cashiering! Sorry! Oh...what does that mean? Huh, I didn't know we could do that."
Ugh.
I think Harvey regretted putting me on register by the end of the day. Because I surely regretted it. I hate asking for help and it seemed like every other second I had to call Harvey up to the front to figure out what I'd done wrong that time.
Frustrating! I never want to go on the cash register again. Just give me some cages to scrub. At least I know I can get those clean....eventually.

Karen<3

No comments:

Post a Comment